For a fast, delicious and nutritious breakfast, try this green smoothie powered by spinach, cauliflower and an assortment of vegetables. In health!
Reasons to try our newest green smoothie
I hope you will LOVE this green smoothie with cauliflower and spinach. It was:
Easy to Make
Easy to Drink
What goes into Spinach Cauliflower Green Smoothie
For this smoothie we use only healthy ingredients (and mostly vegetables) which you can easily find at your local store or farmer’s market. This smoothie turned out creamy and well mixed, and works perfectly as a grab-and-go breakfast (prepared from previous night) or as an easy to digest lunch or dinner.
For the ultimate green smoothie combination, which me and my wife felt in love with, you’ll need the following plant-based ingredients:
- Vegetables – carrot, cauliflower (frozen), spinach (frozen), fennel, leek, cucumber
- Fruits – avocado, apple, sea buckthorn berries (frozen)
- Boosters – ginger powder, turmeric powder, cinnamon powder
- Others – extra virgin coconut oil, lemon slice, Himalayan salt, espresso (optional)
Pro Tip: I mainly use fresh ingredients for my smoothies, with a few exceptions. In order to make sure that my smoothie ends-up refreshing and creamy, I always use one, two or even three of the ingredients as frozen ingredients. In this case we’ll be using frozen cauliflower, spinach and sea buckthorn berries. These frozen ingredients are easily available all year round and are super easy to add in smoothies since no prep work is needed.
This green smoothie was:
Rich in vitamins and minerals to help your system thrive.
Packed with phytonutrients that work synergistically to boost immune function.
Lots of antioxidants included too, which help manage oxidation and free radicals in the body.
Rich in gut-friendly fiber and digestive enzymes, to enhance digestion.
Did you knew that most of your immune system is located in the gut? Good digestion equals a working immune system.
Quick and easy to make, creamy and delicious too!
Naturally sweet with a green taste and a subtle taste of leeks.
Free of added sugar and perfect for low-carb and keto way of eating.
This smoothie will help you burn fat for energy since it’s based on vegetables and healthy fats.
The best smoothie for the perfect start to the day!
Pro Tip: This turned out to be a very big smoothie! Make sure that you’ll be using a high-power blender in order to be able to chop everything, otherwise use only half of the quantity for each ingredient.
If you make this homemade green smoothie with cauliflower, spinach and veggies, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating!
And if you take a photo of your smoothie creation and share it on Instagram, please tag me @refreshmyhealth and use the hashtag #refreshmyhealth because I love seeing your creations!
What’s your favorite immune boosting ingredient in smoothies? Share with everyone!
Spinach and Cauliflower Veggie-Packed Green Smoothie
- 2 avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 2 red apples (seedless)
- 2 carrots
- 150-200 g frozen cauliflower
- 150-200 g frozen spinach
- 3 legs fennel
- 5 cm leeks
- 1/2 cucumber fabio
- 1 slice lemon (organic)
- 2 tbsp frozen sea buckthorn
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- a long espresso (optional)
- 750 ml water (or enough to cover all ingredients)
- Wash and prep all the ingredients as indicated, and add everything into your blender.
- Blend everything on medium to high speed until you obtain the desired texture.
- Serve fresh or store in the fridge for around 3 days.
- Color: beautiful green, pure spring green
- Texture: easy to drink, not too thick
- Taste: subtle taste of leeks and greens, not very spicy, ginger aftertaste