Healthy Spring Detox Green Smoothie featuring a long list of “good-for-you” ingredients like vegetables, fruits, boosters and my new favorite homemade cashew milk, for a super healthy and nutrient-rich smoothie! This green smoothie comes with a light sweet taste and a green aftertaste , and reminds me of that perfect spring green color.
I hope you will LOVE our new Spring Detox Green Smoothie! It’s:
Easy to Drink
Immune boosting smoothie with healthy ingredients
For this smoothie recipe we use only healthy ingredients which you can easily find at your local store or farmer’s market. This green smoothie is perfect for your spring detox but works well all year round. It’s thick and creamy, and perfect as a quick breakfast, grab-and-go snack or even as an easy to digest dinner.
For the ultimate detox combination, which I personally like best, you’ll need the following plant-based ingredients:
- Fruits: avocado, orange, mandarin, golden apple, frozen sea buckthorn, pomegranate seeds
- Vegetables: frozen spinach, carrot, bell pepper, cucumber, leek, fennel
- Boosters: fresh ginger, wheatgrass powder, raw cacao powder, cayenne pepper, fresh coriander (optional)
- Others: cashew milk (homemade), lemon slice
Pro Tip: I mainly use fresh ingredients for my smoothies and I always try to buy as many ingredients as possible from organic and responsible grown sources. Why? Simply because it’s better for the environment (better healthier soil) but also because it’s healthier to consume naturally grown plants (more nutrients, free of pesticide residues).
How to make homemade cashew milk
In order to make cashew milk at home, you’ll need 3 things:
- Cashew Nuts
- Water (use pure clean water)
- Blender or Kitchen Robot (high power)
For best results when making cashew milk, it’s recommended to pre-soak cashew nuts in a bowl with water and a pinch of salt, for at least 6 hours, prior to using them for making cashew milk.
Of course, you can make cashew milk without first soaking the nuts, but the nuts won’t be easy to process by the blender. Also, unsoaked nuts contain more of those anti-nutrients found in all nuts and seeds (for instance phytic acid).
This is my simple recipe for making cashew milk at home:
- Start by discarding the water used for soaking and rinse cashew nuts in cold water. Skip this step if you’re using plain unsoaked cashews.
- For making the cashew milk, you’ll be using 200 ml water for every 150 grams of raw cashew nuts. You can add more water later, if needed.
- Add cashew nuts into the blender. Next, add the water required, as explained above.
- Blend on medium to high speed until mixture seems well combined. You’ll know that the cashew milk is ready when blender contents will turn white. When ready, cashew milk looks similar to “regular milk” but may contain some leftover pulp.
- Depending on the type of blender that you’re using (regular or high-power blender) you may end-up with cashew milk that contains leftover pulp. If this happens, you have two options: you can use the milk as is (with a bit of pulp) or you can strain it, separating the pulp from the liquid. Save the pulp for baked goods or add it to raw desserts.
- That was it! Now that your cashew milk is ready, you can simply add all the other smoothie ingredients over it, add the water required for the smoothie and blend your smoothie as usual.
Pro Tip: Soaking the nuts first will remove some of the anti-nutrients found in all nuts and seeds, but will also make them softer and easier to process by the blender. Make sure to discard the soaking water and rinse nuts prior to using them for making the cashew milk.
This spring detox green smoothie is:
Perfect for detoxing your system and boosting natural immunity.
Comes with an assortment of vitamins and minerals.
Packed with phytonutrients (antioxidants included) to help you manage oxidation and free radicals in the body.
Rich in gut-friendly fiber and enzymes, to upgrade your digestion and extract more nutrients from food.
Raw plants are easier to digest and help your friendly gut bacteria thrive.
Quick and easy to make, and delicious too!
Naturally sweet and sugar-free, this smoothie will keep your blood sugar low.
Freshly made, with a light sweet taste, this green smoothie comes with a natural plant-based taste which makes it very satisfying.
The best smoothie for the perfect start to the day!
If you make this homemade Spring Detox Green Smoothie, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating!
And if decide to take a photo of your smoothie creation and share it on Instagram, please tag me @refreshmyhealth and use the hashtag #refreshmyhealth because I love seeing your creations!
What’s your favorite immune boosting ingredient in smoothies? Share with everyone!
Spring Detox Green Smoothie
- 1 glass cashew milk (150-200 ml, made from 150g cashews, recipe in post)
- 2 avocados (skin and seeds removed)
- 1 small carrot
- 1 orange ( no skin)
- 1 mandarin (no skin)
- 1 golden apple (seeds removed)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cucumber fabio
- 5 cm leeks
- 1/4 fennel (chopped)
- 150 g frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp frozen sea buckthorn
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- a few slices fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp wheatgrass powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 slice lemon (with skin, organic)
- a bit of fresh coriander (optional)
- 700-800 ml water (enough to cover ingredients in the blender)
- Wash and prep all the ingredients as indicated.
- Start by making the cashew milk in the blender, prior to adding all other ingredients. Use the recipe detailed in this blog post or use your own recipe.
- Once cashew milk in ready, add everything else into blender and cover with the water needed for making the smoothie.
- Blend on medium to high speed until smoothie turns smooth and creamy.
- DONE! Serve fresh or store in the fridge for max 2 days.
- Color: beautiful spring green, pure green color
- Taste: light sweet to leafy greens taste
- Texture: very creamy and soft, easy to drink, overall more like a shake, with a few leftover seeds