I love this smoothie because it’s loaded with healthy ingredients, it’s sweet enough without being too sweet, has a very natural color and the perfect creamy texture. Meet my new Sunday Delight Smoothie!
Need more reasons to try this smoothie? This one turned out:
Packed with Protein and Healthy Fats
This smoothie will keep hunger away for a long time, especially if you’re fat adapted and you don’t have to eat regular meals. It comes with lots of healthy fats (3 different sources: avocado, extra virgin coconut oil and almond butter) and quality protein (3 different sources: almond butter, hemp protein powder and chia seeds).
How to blend a healthy smoothie
Healthy fats and protein are great to have in a smoothie, they come with many health benefits and they also help to enhance the texture of your smoothie. But let’s not fall into the trap of forgetting all the wonderful fruits and veggies. And this smoothie comes with plenty of those, including a few low-carb fruits and a decent selection of veggies.
Fruits and veggies add vitamins, minerals, enzymes and phytonutrients (my favorites), which in turn will increase all the health benefits of your drink (or should I say meal replacement?). One note: when it comes to smoothies, I like using more veggies and less fruit, thus keeping the sugar level in a smoothie to a minimum. This way I get all the benefits of plants without the extra fructose (fructose = the sugar in fruits).
For me, smoothies are always a great excuse to include more veggies into my diet. Even if you don’t like things like raw spinach, celery or beets, chances are their taste will most likely blend with the overall taste of the smoothie. So If you feel like squeezing in something “green”, feel free to do it and don’t look back.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, share a picture and tag it #refreshmyhealth on Instagram. Enjoy your smoothie!
What’s your favorite kind of smoothie? Share below!
Sunday Delight Smoothie
- 2 avocados (peeled and seeded)
- 1 apple (sliced)
- 1 pear (sliced)
- 1.5 stick celery
- 3-4 tsp white almond butter (other nut butter will do)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tbsp hemp protein powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- fresh dill (chopped)
- vanilla powder
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 250-300 ml water
- 1 tsp chia seeds (mixed into each glass)
- decorated with vanilla powder (optional)
- Add everything into the blender and blend until your smoothie looks smooth and creamy.
- Mix 1 tsp chia seeds into each smoothie glass.
- Decorate with a bit of vanilla powder and serve fresh. How easy was that?
- Color: light yellow
- Texture: very creamy, very pleasant to drink
- Taste: sweet, sweet, sweet