I love this Sweet and Spicy Autumn Cream Soup because it’s very easy to make, tastes great and you get tons of healthy nutrients out of the box. This soup is naturally gluten-free and egg-free, and it’s optionally dairy-free.
This is actually a recipe that I’ve put together based on the ingredients we had in the fridge and it turned out so great that I decided to post it on the website. This kind of soup can also be used as a quick recovery meal after an intense run or when you simply need to recharge quickly.
How to prepare this soup
The base of this soup is made using different cooked vegetables, while the creamy texture is obtained by adding full-fat cream or coconut milk, before blending together all the ingredients. You’ll need a blender in order to puree the ingredients into a cream, but no other special tools are required.
Here’s how you prepare this soup:
- Cook the vegetables for a few minutes, until they are tender.
- Once the veggies are cooked, separate the water (don’t throw it away) and add everything into the blender.
- Add the full-fat cream (or coconut milk), spices and salt.
- Blend everything until you reach the desired consistency. Garnish and serve.
How to serve this soup
Don’t you think this kind of soup should be present more often on our table? This soup can be served by its own or with one or more of the following extras:
- Olives – I love green olives, kalamata olives or other variations. Since this soup tends to be a bit on the sweet side, salty olives are a perfect match. Plus they’re loaded with healthy fats, so they will keep you in the low-carb zone.
- Nuts – I’ve recently discovered that I liked to eat my soup with walnuts or pecans. Nuts add plenty of healthy nutrients to any meal, but they’re also a bit crunchy and a perfect match for this soup. I always choose raw nuts without added salt.
- Bread – Bread may not be the best thing to eat, but I’m always up for 1-2 slices of sourdough bread. You could also pair this soup with a slice of homemade loaf, low-carb bread, gluten-free bread or even a pretzel.
- Cheese – If you enjoy cheeses, this soup is a great way to serve a few slices of hard yellow cheeses. My favorite cheeses to pair with this soup are English Cheddar cheese and Comté cheese (France).
Give this recipe a try and I bet you won’t regret it! This soup works great when you want something quick , tasty and healthy to eat. It’s guaranteed to nourish you from the inside out and it’s great for your gut flora as well. Did I mention that it tastes awesome?
Similar creamy soup recipes
Would you like to explore other cream soup recipes? I’ve listed some of my favorites below:
- Refreshing Creamy Green Soup
- Super Simple, Very Green Cream Soup
- Super Simple, Yellow Cream Soup (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Porcini Mushrooms and Veggies Cream Soup (Vegan)
If you make this soup, let me know! Leave a comment or take a picture and tag it #refreshmyhealth on Social Media. I’d love to see what you come up with. Enjoy and share it with your loved ones!
What’s your favorite cream soup recipe? Would you try this sweet and spicy cream soup? Share in the comments.
Sweet and Spicy Autumn Cream Soup
- 200 g frozen green beans
- 1 summer squash (peeled and sliced)
- 1 green kapia pepper (chopped)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 1 stick celery (chopped)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- a bit of fennel (chopped small)
- 1/2 jalapeno (or other hot pepper of your choice)
- 3-4 tbsp raw cream (for vegan replace with coconut milk)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- spices: dill, parsley, lovage (fresh or dried)
- Prepare the ingredients by peeling the onion and chopping everything into smaller pieces.
- Add everything into a pot with water, and cook until the sweet potatoes become soft.
- Separate the water into another dish (we may use part of it later) and move everything into the blender.
- Add the raw cream and the salt. Add at least one of the spices listed in the ingredients list.
- Add a bit of water but not too much.
- Blend on medium speed until you get a smooth creamy consistency. If the texture is not smooth enough consider adding a bit more cream to the mix.
- That’s it! Serve hot or cold, and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.