Avocado, spinach, carrots, cucumber, fennel, red beet, apples or extra virgin coconut oil … This is definitely one smoothie that stands out from the crowd. It can be a great way to start your day or the perfect excuse to enjoy a smoothie-snack.
It’s a little bit sweet and a little bit bitter at the same time, it has a nice creamy texture and comes packed with plenty of those “good-for-you” nutrients. Vitamins, minerals, enzymes, phytonutrients or fiber, all of these are just one blend away. Not to mention that you’ll get plenty of healthy fats (avocado, coconut oil) while keeping the sugar level quite low. After all, this is one my low-carb high-veggie smoothies.
Here are a few reasons I LIKE this smoothie. It’s:
Sweet and Bitter
Packed with nutrients
Fun to make
This recipe is a bit low on protein, so if you want to upgrade it with more protein, you can simply use one or more of the following: chia or hemp seeds, hemp or peas protein, flax seeds, coconut milk, broccoli or a nut butter, like almond butter or cashew butter.
Need more smoothie inspiration? Read my how-to articles on smoothies:
- Blend Your First Smoothie In Style
- The Simple Guide to Making Smoothies
- How To Buy Fruits And Veggies On A Budget
For more delicious and nourishing recipes, check-out some of my favorites below:
What’s your favorite ingredient to include in smoothies? What’s the one that you don’t like? Leave a comment below.
Sweet Sunday Veggies Smoothie
- 2 avocados (skin and seed removed)
- 200 g frozen spinach
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 5 cm leeks (sliced)
- 1 big red apple (chopped big)
- 2 slices fennel (chopped small)
- 1/2 cucumber fabio (sliced)
- 1 red beet (peeled, chopped big)
- 1 slice grapefruit
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 slice lemon (cut in 4)
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder
- 600 ml water
- Add all the ingredients into your blender. Add just enough water to cover them, making sure you don’t use too much water overall.
- Blend on medium to high speed until smooth and creamy. In case you feel like it takes too long to blend, use the pulse function a few times.
- That’s it! Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Taste: a little bit sweet, a little bit bitter, a little bit apple like
- Color: dark red to brown
- Texture: thick, creamy and easy to drink