Who doesn’t like ice cream, right? Have you tried making your own ice cream? This delicious vegan sweet peach ice cream recipe might be what you’re looking for. It’s packed with healthy fats, low in sugar and comes with a wonderful peach aroma.
I must confess that I’m not in any way an expert in ice cream making. In fact, this was only my 3rd attempt towards making my own vegan ice cream. My first attempt turned out pretty good and you can find the recipe [here], but my second attempt wasn’t that special.
With this recipe I used the same simple approach: freeze a few avocados, some bananas and some peaches. Once I’m ready to prepare the ice cream, I used a powerful blender to process all the ingredients into ice cream. It’s not rocket science, right? But with every recipe, the different is into all those little details that may not look important at first.
Here are a few reasons to love this ice cream recipe. It’s:
Vegan and Raw
Always Sugar Free
Creamy and Soft
Has not additives or preservatives
Healthy and Nourishing
And so Fun to make
Make this recipe as a gift for your loved one. Make it with your kids or alone. Make it this week-end or on a random night when you’re craving ice cream. Make it tonight and let me know how it turned out!
Leave me a comment, tell me what you think of this recipe or tag a picture #refreshmyhealth on Instagram! I’d love to see how it turned out and if you like it. Enjoy your yellow ice cream!
Have you made homemade ice cream before? Would you try this recipe? What is your kind of ice cream? Share below!
Vegan Sweet Peach Ice Cream
- 1 big avocado (skin removed, seedless)
- 3 bananas (peeled)
- 2 peaches (seed removed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- decorate with grated dark chocolate
- Prepare all the ingredients by removing any skin and seeds.
- Chop into big pieces, place in a zip bags and transfer in the freezer for a few hours, until they become rock solid.
- When you’re ready to process your ice cream, just remove the ingredients from the freezer and transfer them into the blender jar. Let them defrost in the blender jar for 5-10 minutes before processing.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon powder and start processing. Alternate between pulse and high speed, making sure to stop from time to time to scrape the sides of your blender jar. Pause regularly making sure your machine will not overheat.
- Stop once you obtain a creamy soft consistency. Transfer the ice cream into a ceramic tray and portion into desired sizes.
- That was it. Enjoy!
- Prior to blending, let the ingredients defrost in the blender for 10 min. This will make them a bit soft and easier to mix.
- Use the pulse function of your blender to break down frozen ingredients, until they sort of start to combine.
- Stop the blender every 20 seconds and, using a silicone spatula, scrape the sides of the jar, bringing all the content back towards the middle of the jar.
- Alternating between pulse and blending is another strategy. This will ensure that your ingredients will mix and chop in the same time.
- Most blenders will overheat so make sure to stop regularly and let your machine cool down. This works best combined with “c” above.