Welcome to our Winter Immune Boosting Smoothie recipe featuring spinach, berries, other fruits and veggies, healthy fats and boosters for a super healthy and nutrient-rich smoothie! This sweet and savory smoothie will keep you healthy and happy, and will boost your immune system function. This is what I call a power-up immune boosting smoothie!
I hope you will LOVE this immune boosting smoothie recipe! It’s:
Immune boosting smoothie with healthy ingredients
We use only healthy ingredients for this smoothie, ingredients that you can easily find at your local store or farmer’s market. This smoothie recipe calls for whey protein powder and, since whey protein is derived from dairy, this recipe is not vegan. Should you want to make this one into a vegan smoothie, simply skip the whey protein powder or replace it with a vegan protein powder (pea protein or hemp protein are best choices).
For the ultimate immune boosting combination, which I personally like best, you’ll need the following plant-based ingredients:
- Fruits: avocado, frozen blueberries, red apple
- Vegetables: frozen spinach, lettuce, beet
- Seeds: chia seeds, hemp seeds
- Boosters: ginger powder, turmeric powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, vanilla powder
- Others: coconut chips, whey protein powder (or pea protein powder), lemon slice, Himalayan salt
Pro Tip: I mainly use fresh ingredients for my smoothies, with a few exceptions. In order to make sure that my smoothies end-up refreshing and creamy, I always choose one or two frozen ingredients. In this case I’m using frozen blueberries and frozen spinach, since they’re easily available all year round and super easy to add in smoothies (no prep work needed).
This winter immune boosting smoothie is:
Rich in vitamins and minerals to boost your immune system.
Packed with phytonutrients (antioxidants included) to help you manage oxidation and free radicals in the body.
Rich in gut-friendly fiber and enzymes, to upgrade your digestion.
Quick and easy to make, and delicious too!
Naturally sweet and free of added sugar, this smoothie will support burning fat for energy.
Sweet and savory, comes with a rich natural taste which makes it very satisfying.
The best smoothie for the perfect start to the day!
If you make this homemade Winter Immune Boosting Smoothie recipe, feel free to leave me a comment and a star rating! And if you take a photo of your smoothie creation and share it on Instagram, please tag me @refreshmyhealth and use the hashtag #refreshmyhealth because I love seeing your creations!
What’s your favorite immune boosting ingredient in smoothies? Share with everyone!
Winter Immune Boosting Smoothie
- 1 big avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 3-4 tbsp frozen spinach
- 3-4 tbsp frozen blueberries
- 2 handful coconut chips
- 3-4 leaves romaine lettuce (or any other green lettuce)
- 1 red apple (seeded)
- 1 small red beet (peeled and cut big)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds + hemp seeds
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- pinch of vanilla powder
- 1 slice lemon (organic, with skin)
- 2 tbsp whey protein powder (chocolate flavor, optional)
- 450 ml water (or enough to cover the ingredients)
- Prep all the ingredients according to the notes. Add everything into blender and cover with water.
- Blend until you obtain that smooth texture. Add more water if needed and blend, until a creamy texture is obtain.
- Done! Enjoy fresh or store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Color: dark red-brown color
- Texture: well mixed, easy to drink
- Taste: sweet and savory